Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Village People are Still Sexy

This week I went out to eat a few times. Went to Mediterranean, Sushi and Hawker Stands. The ex-pat who took me out to these restaurants also took me to Clinic, a bar where you get your drink out of an IV drip bag and sit in wheelchairs. He thought it was fitting for a nurse in Singapore. I agree:





I'm becoming a pro at Hawker Stands, which means that I'm getting a bit too venturous with what I'll try to eat; I am not sure what kind of meat I had last night and I'm not afraid to admit that. The ex-pat may have been a bit grossed out by my meal but I am proud that I'm more of a local than he is!

We also went out for "ladies night," which is every Wednesday night in Singapore. Women get in to bars for free and drink for free. Recipe for a not-so-fun 12 hour shift the next day, you say? You are correct. I did get a chance to see a whole room of women and men not embarassed to dance to "YMCA". I don't think I've experienced such a scene outside of a Sweet 16, Bat Mitzvah or retirement party. Nor will I again, if I had to take a guess. Long story short the bar was crowded and sweaty, the band was fun, the drinks were free and the Australian accents were a-plenty. Thank Allah for making me a woman so that I am able to not pay for my drinks on Wednesday nights.



We leave for a shorter vacation from our longer current vacation tomorrow and I am finding it hard to write about anything else. The ex-pats we know here are going to a part on an American navy base. You have to bring your American passport to get in; it seems like it's going to be one big exclusive frat party thrown by the biggest frat boy on frat row: The United States of America. I won't be here though and I'm so dang excited! I'm celebrating the Independence of our great nation in Bali for four days. God bless America and cheap flights to Indonesia!! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment