Monday, June 8, 2009

Dirty and thirsty

So I forgot to mention...last night we went to eat at one of the food courts. After ordering something that sounded interesting, and sitting down and devouring most of it, my tongue started to burn. Burn like it's never burned before. I'm sitting in a non air-conditioned open air food court and I'm sweating and burning. I look around to see where the drink counters might be. There are none. Hmm. At this point I'm a mess and my sloppy hands search for napkins anywhere. There are none. Hmm. After sweating more than I would while working out - and sitting calmly in a food court, I ask someone where the drinks are and she tells me "we do not need drink with food. That is what soup is for." Hmm. Oh, so the soup that is currently burning a hole in my tongue is what is supposed to cool me down. I ask for napkins. She looks strangely at me and pulls out a kleenex from her purse. Singapore 1, Allison 0.

No comments:

Post a Comment